One meal I love to cook up is a chilli, so I wanted to share it with you.
Ingredients – Organic where possible
225g of Lean Beef mince Brown Rice
(Increase amount of mince if feeding more than 3-4 people)
1 medium sized carrot Sprinkle of mixed herbs
1 red onion Ground Black Pepper
Chopped tomatoes 100g bag of Spinach
Kidney Beans (in chilli sauce) Clove of Garlic
Coconut oil/Olive Oil Chillies of choice and to your taste.
1. Finely chop the red onion and carrot and put in a wok/pan, along with the coconut oil or olive oil. Get the medium heat on!
2. Put the brown rice in a pan of boiling water (enough for however many you are feeding) Brown rice can take up to 35 minutes to cook and keep an eye on the water. Stir the rice occasionally.
3. While the rice is cooking, start adding the other ingredients. First of all add the mince and brown off. Then add the chopped tomatoes, kidney beans and stir in.
4. Finely chop the garlic and chillies. Add these along with a sprinkle of black pepper and mixed herbs. Lower the heat and leave the chilli to simmer, stirring occasionally.
5. Next you need to roughly chop the spinach. My little nutritional twist.
6, Check the texture of the rice and when cooked drain ready to serve.
7. The final thing to do is turn the heat off for the chilli and then stir in the spinach. I do this right at the end as spinach doesn’t require much cooking and it means more nutritional benefits by adding it at the end.
8. Serve and enjoy! An optional extra to serve with it would be a soft organic goats cheese.
If you have any questions about this blog or anything else nutrition related please ask.